rss
twitter

Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Nostalgic Thing

15.5 hours later I can say that it was an overly productive and good day, nothing to complain about. In fact I still stand in awe of the incredible opportunity I have to serve in ministry.  I was whelmed with nostalgic feelings, as I got out of my car, on this brisk, but bright sun glistened morning, and walked up to the church doors.  I reminisced of early spring days when I was younger and I'd watch as elderly couples and young family's dressed up in their Sunday best, would walk to church, the sound of bells ringing in the air.  Now I have the uber blessing of serving those people.  I don't think it will ever get old.

I spent the early morning preparing for the Secret Sister potluck luncheon, with everything  prepared I slipped into a pew and sang my heart out to God.  It was an incredible time of worship, and while I know it is all about giving back to God, it left me restored and refueled for the rest of my day.

After facilitating and cleaning up from the Secret Sister potluck, I prepared supper for the college & careers group, just in time to get the sound set-up and photocopies of the music for our Sunday evening service ready for our Breakthru team who was coming in to practice.  Then it was time for College & Careers, we all enjoyed a great meal together, and a whole lot of laughs.  At 8:30pm, off we went to praise and power for some more amazing worship, where some of us, myself included, sang so loud we drowned out the crowd.  It was great.

As we were waiting for the band to begin, I quoted a verse to a friend "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God"  ~Romans 10:17.  The person in front of us, a university student, turned around and said "I like that - I mean I like that verse - My pastor just preached on that this morning"  So I thought I would reflect on that briefly for my blog today.

Romans 10:17 - My experience with this verse, brings back those nostalgic feelings.  I've always had a knowledge of God,  and so from a n early age I was searching for answers. Exploring different religions and spiritual systems. My faith was cemented when I heard the Gospel, which quickened my heart as God spoke to me, in essence saying I am who you were waiting for, what you were missing.  All those questions you had I am the answer. Then when my experiences, aligned with the word of God, when His promises outlined in the Bible proved true to me, my faith increased. The more I am in His word, the more I understand His ways in our world and the more my faith grows. Faith came by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

To this day, my faith increases with every page I seek to understand of God's word.  I am never left disillusioned, or led astray, never given any reason to doubt, in fact any doubts are eased as I find answers and truth in the word of God.  If you are crying out to God for more faith, diligently make use of the Bible, and your cries will not go unanswered.

"Faith comes by the Word of God, and the Word of God leads us more and more to rest in, follow, and love the Lord Jesus Christ, and to trust His obedience unto death for our righteousness, salvation, and eternal life. Don’t expect one without the other."

No comments:

Post a Comment