rss
twitter

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 6 - Challenge #6 & a Free Pass 4 the Finale

It's day #6 in my 36-4-36 adventure so I decided to focus on challenge #6.  It's a great day!  Today I took all of the indigo cards that were generously gifted to me on my birthday and purchased some of the books I would be reading in order to fulfill this commitment.

I bought 5 books that qualify for the non-academic/theology category:  The one that I am most excited for I did not buy, as it has not been released yet: "Another Man's War: The True Story of One Man's Battle to Save Children in the Sudan"

I also purchased one book in the academic/theology category that I am very excited about: A Knock at Midnight: Inspiration from the Great Sermons of Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. by Clayborne Carson.

Starting out the challenge I am currently reading as my non-theology choice "A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini" and "Understanding People by Larry Crab" for academic reasons.

As I complete each book, I intend to blog a short review, sharing some of the highlights and best quotes without giving away too much.
 
Time to wrap up this post.  Tonight is my Free Pass.  The only opportunity I've had in the last 6 days to turn on the television & the last 1.5 hours I will have all year.  When I decided to give up TV for the year it was with the stipulation that I would watch the season finale of Big Brother.  Which may be pretty indicative of why someone should give up TV in the first place.  In fact I turned the TV on thinking that Big Brother started at 8pm EST but instead Survivor was on, and I must admit I was some tempted just to turn that 1.5 hours into 2.5, but I shut it off.  Who needs to see the season premiere, of something you won't get to watch.

Plus I have an encouragement card to send.

No comments:

Post a Comment